Sawyer Quarry Nature Preserve
26940 Lime City Road, Perrysburg
Open daily from 8:00 am until 30 minutes past sunset.
Sawyer Quarry Nature Preserve is a wonderful park property that was donated by the Sawyer family. The site is an old limestone quarry with stairs going down into the quarry. There are artifacts, varying elevations and geological features to explore. The trail system is currently under development and upon its completion, a map and brochure will be made available.
Do NOT remove any rocks, geodes, gems, fossils or artifacts from the quarry.
Check out this video tour of the Sawyer Quarry Nature Preserve.
Donations to the Sawyer Quarry can be made by clicking here.
We offer climbing and rappelling at Sawyer Quarry. Climb with us on Mountain Project.
Cliff conditions as of 3/17/22:
South Wall – Open
North Wall – Open
Bouldering Area – Limited accessibility, seasonal flooding
- All rappellers and climbers must self-register. Failure to register, unsafe practices, or unsafe equipment is grounds for loss of privileges, or removal from the park.
- Rappellers and climbers must be at least 18 years of age or have a parent/guardian supervising all rappelling activities.
- To register a minor, complete the minor’s information in the body of the form, then parent/guardian signature at the bottom.
- All equipment used must be manufactured for the purpose of rappelling and climbing and be in original, un-altered condition. No homemade or modified equipment may be used.
- Rappellers and climbers are subject to equipment inspection and/or competency check at any time by Park District staff.
- Wood County Park District reserves the right to suspend the Public Rappelling & Climbing Program at any time. Cliffs may also be temporarily closed for scheduled programs, classes, or other Park District use.
- Public rappelling and climbing is allowed only in designated areas (please see map), and only during normal park hours.
- Registering to rappel or climb does not reserve either cliff for sole use; any area may be in use by other members of the general public. All areas operate on a first come, first served basis.
- Rappellers and climbers must have previous rappelling or climbing experience, and follow safe accepted practices at all times.
- All rappelling and climbing activities are done at your own risk.
- No modification of the natural environment is permitted unless facilitated and/or approved by the Wood County Park District (rock trundling, adding bolts or pitons, vegetative removal, etc.).
Have questions about rappelling or climbing?
Contact Adventure Programs Naturalist, Craig Spicer at firstname.lastname@example.org | (419) 661-1697 x3
See something? Say something! Please report any damage, issues, or concerns
immediately at (419) 354-9001 to dispatch an on-duty Park Police Officer.
Public Bouldering Program Guidelines (for self-guided bouldering at Sawyer Quarry):
• The use of a bouldering pad and/or a spotter is highly recommended.
• Unsafe practices are grounds for loss of bouldering privileges, or removal from the park.
• Boulderers must be 16 years of age or older, or have a parent/guardian supervising all bouldering activities.
• Wood County Park District reserves the right to suspend the Public Bouldering Program at any time. Bouldering walls may also be temporarily closed for scheduled programs, classes, or other Park District use.
• Public bouldering is allowed only in designated areas (please see map), and only during normal park hours.
• Any area of the park may be in use by other members of the general public. All areas operate on a first come, first served basis.
• All bouldering activities are done at your own risk.
Have questions or are curious about bouldering? Contact Adventure Specialist Craig Spicer at email@example.com, 419-575-8074.
See something? Say something! Please report any damage, issues, or concerns to the Wood County Park District immediately at (419)353-1897, or contact an on-duty Park Police Officer at (877)726-4372.