- *New 8/12/20: All facilities are closed and reservations are cancelled through the end of 2020.
- Playgrounds open. Use at own risk. Please wash hands immediately before and after use.
- Parks are open daily from 8:00 am until 30 minutes past dark.
- Restrooms are open. Please wear a mask inside.
- Please observe 6-10 feet of social distancing space between you and others who do not live with you.
- Indoor facilities and playgrounds are closed. Park District Main Office is closed to the public.
- Site occupancy upon reopening will be reduced from 120 to 60 people for the rental halls.
- Programs and special events are cancelled.
- Water fountains are off. Please bring water with you.
Wild Lights Workshop
Wednesday, January 6; 4:00-6:30 pm at W.W. Knight Nature Preserve, 29530 White Road, Perrysburg
Make the night BRIGHT with festive holiday lights! Register your group and bring your decorations to transform one of our life-sized 3D foam animals into a twinkling spectacle for all to see during the Wild Lights Weekend. The “most inspired” stations win a cash prize! Register Here.
Cash prizes provided by the Friends of the Parks.
Wild Lights Weekend
Friday, January 8 through Sunday, January 10 from 5:00 – 8:00 pm. Walk along the trail at W.W. Knight Nature Preserve to enjoy the lighted and decorated Wild Lights displays. No registration is needed for this free program.
Nature Quest is a series of self-guided activities. Think of an escape room without the claustrophobia. Each new Quest is based on a different level of puzzle difficulty. Solve the logic puzzles that lead from one clue to the next and you’ll win the Quest.
Nature Quest II: Virtual Escape Room.
Click here for an online puzzle-based logic challenge.
Down on the Farm
The Carter Historic Farm is a hard-working cultural heritage farm. The Buckwheat that was harvested is being stone ground at Ludwig Mill. The wetland is holding water and the native plants are setting down roots. New interpretive panels have been installed. Once facilities are reopened, we look forward to sharing these with you.
Autumn Nature Bingo
Download and print the Autumn Nature Bingo. While out in the parks, think about what you hear and smell. How many colors can you find? Can you find something purple, red, orange, yellow, light green, dark green, and brown?
Check out this video tour of the Sawyer Quarry Nature Preserve.
Just Nature: Sunset over the Maumee River
Just Nature: Babbling Brook
2020 Photo Contest
The 6th annual Friends of the Parks Photo Contest is happening now.
Let your inner nature photographer out.
- Photos taken at Wood County Park District properties
- Entry fee: $5
- Enter by November 30, 2020
- Entries printed and framed in a gallery exhibition
Rudolph Bike Park
14038 Mermill Road, Rudolph, OH
With three pump tracks and one mountain bike skills course, there’s something for everyone.
Find nature & adventure with the wcparks app.
The app has helpful park navigation, maps, program listings, and fun extras.
Stay in-the-know with the ‘wcparks’ app. We wont send you push notifications and you don’t need to create an account. Just good info when you’re looking for it.
Say it forever with an engraved brick at the W.W. Knight Nature Preserve.
An 8 x 8 inch brick with 5 lines of text is $125. A 4 x 8 inch brick with 3 lines of text is $100. Order forms must be mailed or delivered to the Park District Headquarters located at 18729 Mercer Road, Bowling Green, OH 43402.
Please make checks payable to the Friends of the Wood County Parks. This is a fundraiser and the proceeds go to the Friends of the Parks who support park amenities, activities and beautification.
Click here for a Brick Order Form. Engraved bricks will be laid into the trail on a quarterly basis.